Friday, March 6, 2015

No More Fights With Parents :)

A typical Friday, I come home from school and have a fight with my mom because I forgot to do something she asked me – at least 2 times that week.  And typically, it’s something I need done. 
For the third time this week, I forgot to take my coat to the dry cleaners, and I am the one that insisted of having it cleaned. And now, she’s furious with me and refuses to wash my other jacket. And she has every right to be mad. I can’t complain.

When I entered my room after the arguing ended, my brother laughed at me, because he knows that I always forget things and how angry mom can get, because he forgets things too, but lately, he somehow manages to finish all his tasks without any problems or delays. He secretively smiled at me when I asked him how come he suddenly became so responsible, ”I have a secret weapon, a new friend that helps me remember all tasks and errands for the day” he said, and left the room...Weird..


Today, he asked me to go shopping with him to the mall. While he was trying on the jeans and sweater we picked out, I had his jacket and phone in my hand, when suddenly the phone started ringing, but it wasn’t a call. It was a reminder! It was someone called MarkO, calling him ‘buddy’ and telling him to go buy a sweater for his girlfriend in the next store!

I figured out his secret weapon! It was an app on his smart phone!!! He installed a smart task reminder!


And the apps' name is MarkO!!! I have to download it!

Happy for discovering MarkO, but mad at him for not telling me about him, I left him to finish the shopping on his own.

I downloaded MarkO on my phone and set it up, and entered few tasks. Headed home to pick up the coat, dropped it off at the fry cleaners – and entered a new task – pick up dry cleaning in 3 days. On the way home bought shampoo and conditioner, got my dad new cologne, and an “I’m sorry” box of chocolates for my mom.

She was surprised and pleased I did all that.

MarkO saved the day! From now on, MarkO is going to be my best friend, my responsible half, helping me and reminding me to finish the tasks that mom and dad gave!

No comments:

Post a Comment